· Born in 1958 in New York City and grew up in Flushing, Queens
· First felt a calling to pastoral ministry in High School
· Graduated from the Bronx High School of Science in 1976
· Graduated from Queens College, CUNY, in 1980
· Graduated from Concordia Seminary, Saint Louis, MO, in 1984
· Served as Pastor of Zion, Pittsburg, KS, from 1985 to 1989
· Married Melinda K. Schultz in 1986 and blessed with three daughters
· Served as Pastor of Trinity Church, Hawthorne, NY from 1989 to 1996
· Serving as Pastor of Good Shepherd Church, Point Pleasant, since 1996
· Recently celebrated his 25th anniversary of Ordination
· Still doing what he loves most: preaching and teaching the truth and mercy of God in Jesus Christ!
Welcome to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of Point Pleasant, New Jersey. We’ve been here since 1952, sharing the message of God’s grace and mercy, hope and love, forgiveness and peace in Jesus Christ.
You are invited to join us in life’s greatest adventure:
Knowing Jesus and making Him known
Receiving God’s mercy, we bring His compassion to people and families in our community, so that they may live with hope and joy.
Becoming like Jesus, we connect people to Him by serving our neighbors in Christ-centered ways that challenge, inspire, and support them to grow in a personal relationship with God.
Using our God-given time, talents, and treasures, and in partnership with community resources, we provide:
· Regular workshops on healthy personal financial management
· Support groups for people struggling with life issues
· Children’s ministries that meet the need of families
· Opportunities for seniors and non-seniors to serve each other
“servant events” that show mercy to our community and expand God’s kingdom